Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gotcha!!


I was ready for him.
One of my spies told me that he had been circling the restaurant on Monday, when we were closed.
For the past two months I have been terrorized by health inspectors. Every time I turned around there was another one. Last week a woman from the state came, the department of consumer protection. I had a dream one night about cockroaches because that's what these people were like. They kept crawling out from everywhere.
And I am one of the cleanest places in town. It was making me crazy.
Since I had the heads up I knew he was coming for his re-inspection. The man in the white coat And yes, he actually wore a white coat to draw extra attention to himself as he showed up in the middle of lunch service.
He had his clipboard, and I had mine.
"Helloooooooooooo", I said ever so warmly. "Please come right this way". This after I had done a quick run-through- "TW- put your hat on!, You- throw the box away, Pop- STAY OUT OF THE WAY!!!!"
"So", I said calmly, "Let's go through the list". And one by one I showed him everything that he had checked off and how I had addressed it. Everything. I had signed papers from each of my staff stating that they had been trained in food safety, I had my sanitizer strips ready, my sanitizer solution had been bumped up, Everyone was wearing a friggin' hat and every single thing had been corrected and then some.
What could he do?
He gave me a 98 out of 100. The sanitizer bucket behind the front counter showed that the solution was a little weak.
HA!!!
That's nothing.
I fought The Man, and this time I won!

No comments:

Post a Comment